Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Blogging!

Miles enjoying some pool time on the porch.

Precious girls, Maggie and Marley

The Leavell Family


Okay, here goes nothing... A friend of mine, from what I can tell, a master blogger, has inspired me to try this. She says that it's a great way to record everything to then print out and give to my kids to make up for the fact that there will be no baby books.



It's funny how with your first child, you record everything- first smile, first bath, first word. Miles' baby book has everything from the first year recorded perfectly. Not only the things written down, but the pictures. Oh my goodness, the pictures! In May of 2007, I kid you not, when I say that we took over 1000 pictures of our beautiful baby boy. Can you say obsessive?? And then, once a month, I would send out pictures to everyone that did and did not want to see recent pictures of him. Who doesn't like to look at a cute baby?



Now, I am lucky if we get a picture taken just for important holidays. Not only is it different with your second (and third in our case) but try posing two newborns with a crazy toddler running around. Our Christmas card will be interesting this year, to say the least.



The girls have started to smile. Recorded! And they are pretty adorable smiles if I do say myself. You know those smiles when it lights up your whole face- that is what both of their smiles are like. No words or steps yet though and good thing, because they would not be recoreded. But, if I keep this up, then all three of my children will have everything written down for them to look at when they get older. Because, you know, knowing the exact date of when you said "Mommy" is very important when you are older- ha!




4 comments:

  1. Yea! Love reading blogs. i just added you to my google home page so I will know when you post. Happy blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Since I'm not on facebook, I have a way to catch-up with you. Love seeing the smiles on the girls' faces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you! That was an excellent first blog...I think you're definitely a natural! Keep up the good work! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet... I was just saying to my mom last week that the memories and stories I cherish and retell most fondly are the ones with my grandparents. It is so amazing, simple, awesome, and unforgettable.
    Love,
    Jes-i-ca :)

    ReplyDelete