Thursday, January 20, 2011

8 months later...

So, it's been way too long since I have posted anything. Life has been a bit of a whirlwind in the Leavell household this past year. I can honestly say, I am happy to start 2011! Here is a short summary of what has occured since June 1st. In June, my older brother, David, married Jessica Hammer. It was a small family wedding at our family's lakehouse. It was a perfect setting for a perfect couple. Miles was their ring bearer, and he was pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself. Jessica brings out the best in David. They are a beautiful couple inside and out! We are so thankful that the Lord brought Jessica, not only into David's life, but into our's! She is an amazing, caring person and I feel so lucky to call her a sister and an aunt to my three kiddos! In July, Maggie had eye surgery. God is so good! We were a little scared about the surgery, with the cutting of the eye muscles and all, but she came out of it, just as we knew she would. Maggie is such a fighter! Since day 1, she has amazed me! Going straight to the NICU due to not breathing, she showed those doctors who was boss! She is our sweet spirited, little fighter that never surprises us! So, why would we doubt that she wouldn't bounce back from a silly eye surgery? Well, she showed us! By the time she got home, she was running around with her Bubba and Sissy, laughing as she always does. She is the happiest little girl, especially now that she can see! Our surgeon did an amazing job fixing our little one!
Miles started pre school in August. He was so excited to meet new friends and be in school. That kid is one little sponge! He remembers everything, which makes mommy have to be very careful about what she says around him! He loves his teacher, Mrs Marino, and has such sweet classmates. Miles is a great kid. Always wants to help me, loves his little sisters, and has the most tender heart of any three year old I know. He loves to read, play dinosaurs, and has such creativity. It's like a new adventure everyday, waiting to see what he comes up for us to do. Boys are so much fun!
In October, Marley got glasses. She is pretty stylish in them! She loves wearing them and I can tell she feels pretty sassy in them. Marley, being our middle child, 1 minute older than her sister, is a ball full of fun! She wakes up every morning with a huge smile on her face, ready to play, play, play! She makes friends with everyone, wherever we go, she is giving high fives, hugs, and smiles to whomever she meets (I have not clue where she get this :)) She is in go mode all day, except for when it's nap and bedtime. That girl loves her sleep, which I think has a lot to do with when she is awake, she never stops! I love that the kids have each other to play with and are so close in age. I know there will be hard days when they get older, but right now, it's like a 24 play date in our house!
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday with our families, surrounded with the people that we love! It was such a wonderful time for Chase and me to look back at the year and thank the Lord for how blessed we truly are.
I have months of pictures that I could share, but I think this post has turned out to be a little longer than I had planned, so I will keep the pictures for the next post. I promise it won't be 8 months again before I post. You all know me- I have too much to say to wait 8 more months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment