Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Where does the time go?

You always here the saying from other, more mature parents, "Enjoy this time, because it goes by so quickly." Wow, does it ever! I feel like it was just yesterday that I woke up and secretly took a pregnant test (little did I know there were two bundles of joy in there!). I didn't really think that it was going to come back positive, but much to my surprise, I needed to quickly come up with a fun way to tell Chase and Miles there was a baby on the way. It was exactly a year ago that I took the test and looking back, it has been a fun, crazy, and fast year!


Chase and I enjoy looking back at pictures and seeing how much Miles and the girls have grown. It was funny to open up our July 2008 file and find the pregnancy picture, plus a much younger, toothless, chubby little man. Wow, has he grown! I feel like every day we wake up and I look at Miles and think, okay buddy, what new and exciting thing are you going to do today. The kid truly amazes me. I am not going to say he's a genius or super advanced, he just amazes me in how he behaves and treats others. Oh how I wish, I knew what on in that little head of his! Yesterday he decided he wanted to have "tummy time" with the girls. Little did we know that it was going to turn into giggle fest at our house. He could not stop making the girls laugh. It was priceless to watch! Yes, there are times that he is jealous of his little babies, but for the most part, all he wants to do is love on them, giving them kisses from head to toe and make them smile. The neat thing is, I really think they already love him too. They will strain their necks to see what their big brother is doing. They look at him and immediate smiles appear on both of their faces. It is really special to watch! It excites me to think of what the future holds for them three of them. I know there will be disagreements and tears over toys not being shared, but I know they are going to be best buddies and I love that for all three of them. A year ago, I did not know what was in store for us, and I still don't know what the future holds, but I can guarantee there will be lots of laughter and kisses to go around at our house.





My very sleepy, but happy boys

Happy little buddy, July 2008

My little buddy is growing up


Tummy time with Miles






No comments:

Post a Comment